Agricultural buildings are bespoke to each client
The process at CambridgeHOK begins with establishing exactly what the client needs and wants from the structure- including its purpose, the size and the shape to suit their area of land. The choice of frame and the structure is then designed to suit the requirements, whilst remaining within budgetary limits. There are different types of frame used when constructing agricultural buildings- including a portal frame, a propped portal frame and a mono-pitch.
- Portal frames are generally low-rise structures, comprising of columns and horizontal or pitched rafters, connected by moment-resisting connections. This form of continuous frame structure is stable in its plane and provides a clear span that is unobstructed by bracing. Portal frames are very common, in fact 50% of constructional steel used in the UK is in portal frame construction. They are very efficient for enclosing large areas, making them a suitable choice for agricultural purposes.
- A propped portal frame can be used when the span of a portal frame is large and there is no requirement to provide a clear span. This reduces the steel sizes and also the horizontal shear at the foundations.
- A mono-pitch frame is usually chosen due to its proximity to other buildings or for small spans (up to 15m span). It is a simple variation of the pitched roof portal frame.
When consulting with CambridgeHOK the client is guaranteed first class service. The process is as follows:
- Initial enquiry
- Free quotation from CambridgeHOK
- Structural calculations
- A 3D structural detail and design
- In-house manufacture by our experienced workforce
- On-site erection
CambridgeHOK is happy to work with the client to provide as little, or as much, as the client requires. Whether it’s a steel frame fabricated for self erection or a complete building with all electrics, CambridgeHOK is happy to help.
We provide agricultural buildings for grain stores, livestock, straw storage, potato stores, equestrian and horticultural purposes. We also provide the painting, civil works, drainage, electrics and environmental control.CambridgeHOK holds the CE certification execution 3 meaning no matter what your agricultural needs we can legally and successfully help you achieve your structural goals.
CambridgeHOK have worked with Yorkshire Dairy goats, the biggest goat milk supplier in the UK with sites across East Yorkshire, including Seaton Ross and Hull. This build consisted of the manufacture of a wide span portal frame structure, roofing and cladding. We have also worked with Wilson and Sons to build a portal frame structure with a hydro-swing door provided from the US.
LATEST AGRICULTURE NEWS
CambridgeHOK have now completed the project at Cornerways Nursery. We were employed to modify their traditional harvesting and packaging operation by installing automatic tow-cars to move the product from the…
CambridgeHOK based in East Yorkshire, are well established in the business of competitively priced Agricultural, Equestrian and Industrial portal framed buildings. We have flourishing and are continuing to offer the best service …
CambridgeHOK are exhibiting at Four Oaks show in Cheshire this year on the 5th and 6th of September 2017.