Agricultural buildings are bespoke to each client
The process at CambridgeHOK begins with establishing exactly what the client needs and wants from the structure- including its purpose, the size and the shape to suit their area of land. The choice of frame and the structure is then designed to suit these requirements, whilst remaining within budgetary limits. There are different types of frame used when constructing agricultural buildings- including a portal frame, a propped portal frame and a mono-pitch.
- Portal frames are generally low-rise structures, comprising of columns and horizontal or pitched rafters, joined by moment-resisting connections. This form of continuous frame structure is stable in its plane and provides a clear span that is unobstructed by bracing. Portal frames are very common, in fact 50% of constructional steel used in the UK is in portal frame construction. They are very efficient for enclosing large areas making them a suitable choice for agricultural purposes.
- A propped portal frame can be used when the span of a portal frame is large and there is no requirement to provide a clear span. This reduces the steel sizes and also the horizontal shear at the foundations.
- A mono-pitch frame is usually chosen due to its proximity to other buildings or for small spans (up to 15m span). It is a simple variation of the pitched roof portal frame.
When consulting with CambridgeHOK the client is guaranteed first class service, the process is as follows:
• Initial enquiry
• Free quotation from CambridgeHOK
• Structural calculations
• A 3D structural detail and design
• In-house manufacture by our experienced workforce
• On-site erection
CambridgeHOK is happy to work with the client to provide as little, or as much, as the client requires. Whether it’s a steel frame fabricated for self erection or a complete building with all electrics, CambridgeHOK is happy to help.
LATEST COMMERCIAL GROWERS NEWS
CambridgeHOK have now completed the project at Cornerways Nursery. We were employed to modify their traditional harvesting and packaging operation by installing automatic tow-cars to move the product from the…
HTA Nation Plant Show (Stoneleigh) : 20th-21st June 2017 NAEC, Stoneleigh , Stoneleigh Park, Coventry, CV8 2LZ Glas Trade Show (Ireland): 20th July 2017 Citywest HotelSaggart, Co. Dublin, Ireland Fruit Focus (Kent)…
CambridgeHOK are exhibiting at Four Oaks show in Cheshire this year on the 5th and 6th of September 2017.
CambridgeHOK are pleased to announce the successful installation of the first commercial scale, 100% LED installation for tomatoes in the UK. Following on from other successful pilot LED projects carried…