With 60 years of experience we possess the knowledge and skills to help you achieve your project goals ensuring each glasshouse is tailored and meets the individual needs of the grower and the crop.
All of our glasshouse structures offer the latest storm protection and are designed, manufactured and built in accordance with the latest British standards, taking into account local climatic conditions. All structural steel work is manufactured and constructed to BS EN 1090 and is CE marked accordingly.
ROBUST AND MAINTENANCE FREE
Constructed from British aluminium, powder coated in a colour to suit your garden, your Victorian glasshouse will retain its elegant good looks for years to come, and it’s all maintenance free. There is no need for repainting or treatment like any wooden glasshouse, all you need to do is enjoy your growing.
Continuing in keeping with the traditional Victorian glasshouses, all of ours come with a single swing timber door. Alarms bells often ring with the mention of timber, however lasting quality is what we strive for. To this end, all Victorian glasshouses are fitted with the best quality solid Accoya wooden doors. Accoya wood is renowned for its quality and durability against warping and rotting. What’s more, if conservation is important to you, all Accoya wood is taken from naturally sustainable sources and is 100% recyclable. All doors are manufactured to order by a local specialist joinery company so we give a range of door designs for you to choose from.
Over the years, Cambridge Glasshouse has developed a glazing system unique to the Victorian that ensures continued weather tightness for the lifetime of your glasshouse. Each pane of 4mm toughened single sheet glass is cushioned between the glazing bar and the bar cap by two full length strips of top quality rubber beading. This means there will be no leakages, no draughts and no chance of any glass movement.
- Slim glazing bars to increase light penetration
- 4mm toughened safety glass as standard
- Single pane glass to avoid any lapping and to increase internal and external aesthetics
- Auto openers to all roof vents
- Manual opening side vents now standard on all models
- Decorative corner brackets, moulded cresting’s and finials as standard
- High quality, lockable Accoya doors fitted with a brass furniture and a discreet brass Cambridge Glasshouse nameplate.
- Installation on pre-prepared dwarf walls by our experienced and conscientious teams, throughout the UK
- Standard sizes ranging from 2.7m x 2m to 4m x 7.8m
- Bespoke service available if you have existing walls, an awkward spot to fill or you just can’t find what you want in our standard range.