Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Design Manager, the CAD Designer is responsible for the timely production of design details in 2D and 3D relating to those CambridgeHOK design and build projects allocated to him/her. Project design details will typically cover a variety of disciplines include civil, structural, fabrication and mechanical services (HVAC and irrigation), and electrical containment.
The role includes producing design details for internal and external designers, ensuring quality, consistency and coordination between technical disciplines.
Although the role is based in the UK (Newport), projects are likely to be sited in Holland and there will therefore be a requirement for some international travel.
Back to Current Vacancies
Reporting To: Design Manager
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Development of initial concept designs to fully detailed installation layouts with the support of internal and external design teams
- Ensure the design is spatially coordinated across different engineering disciplines
- Ensure revision control and documentation processes are adhered to
- Assist in managing the issue of project documentation internally and to external organisations
- Take part in internal and external design reviews
- Attend project meetings internally, on site and with clients as required.
- Assist in the resolution of problems and issues on site as they occur.
- Assist in producing final project documentation (e.g. Operation & Maintenance manual, warranties, certificates, “as built” drawings, etc)
- Any other reasonable tasks as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous CAD design experience in a construction-related field
- Experienced in AutoCAD 2D and Revit
- Minimum of HNC (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, a strong collaborator with team working skills