Reporting to: Head of Commercial
Location: Newport, Brough
Summary: To take enquiries from internal and external customers and preparing detailed cost estimates with written quotations.
- Using CASTA Kassenbouw, Excel, Word, AutoCAD, Project Commander (or Microsoft Project), PowerPoint, the Internet and Google Earth compile quotation ranging from brief specifications and budget prices to full turnkey projects with detailed specifications supplemented by drawings, photographs, programs of work, presentations, relevant Health & Safety information.
- For turnkey quotes ensure that all key personnel involved in the quoting process receive all relevant information in time to provide costing and specification within the required deadline to allow checking and collation.
- Assess materials, labour and equipment requirements for quotations and, where necessary, obtain competitive sub-contract and materials estimates. Work closely with suppliers and sub-contractors to ensure they are providing accurate information and ensuring that the requirements of CambridgeHOK are understood.
- Liaise with customers to discuss and notate their requirements, advising where appropriate any available alternative potential solutions to their problems / requirements.
- Provide technical, financial and strategic support to Directors and the sales team to assist with the development of future business.
- Provide financial information to Project Managers and assist with setting up project budgets and ensuring that PM’s and the buying team understand and are purchasing the correct products / services within the budget forecasts.
- Prepare contracts when an order is secured complete with any supporting documentation.
- When necessary understand the contractual framework within which the project will be managed (JCT, NEC, RIBA, SBCC, etc.) in order to prepare the quotation accordingly.
- When necessary visit site to discuss project requirements with the customer and carry out surveys to obtain information such as access restrictions, drainage and topography, survey existing buildings and availability of services such as water and electricity to enable an accurate estimate to be prepared.
- Keep up to date and understand changes in design & construction standards.
Back to Current Vacancies