Purpose of the role:
Reporting to an appointed Project Manager, the Associate Project Manager is a key member of the Operations Team at CambridgeHOK. The Associate Project Manager is responsible for supporting the Project Manager to deliver multi-disciplinary projects, from glasshouses to energy centres and energy efficiency works. The Associate Project Manager is also responsible for managing small scale projects and project resources to ensure projects are delivered to programme and budget. The Associate Project Manager is responsible for all site Health and Safety on projects/work packages assigned in collaboration with the H&S Manager and Project Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Tender stage input and support into design, cost planning, site setup, value engineering etc.
- Arrange and attend Internal Project Meetings to progress projects effectively.
- Agree and understand project objectives: financial, contractual, programme & quality & ensure all are achieved.
- Project Manage several work packages/ small projects at one time, ensuring Site Managers manage daily site activities.
- Organise and manage the various subcontractors and internal operatives working on projects.
- Monitor the performance of labour only and bona fide subcontractors and suppliers and feedback on their performance to the procurement team.
- Project accounting – Prepare and agree valuations, variations, contractor’s meetings & reports and support Project Manager with Programme of works design.
- Understand CDM requirements as principal contractor, ensuring Health & Safety is always maintained on projects, taking overall responsibility for the health, safety and welfare standards on site.
- Control all project costs, ensuring Gross Margins are achieved or exceeded, use the recognised Easy Build system to track and monitor costs.
- Where additional costs are required, raise requests through Easybuild, detailing the reason for additional costs to allow feedback to sales, design and operations teams.
- Work closely with and assist the procurement process to ensure the smooth cost-effective delivery of the project including arranging and chairing or supporting the Project Manager in subcontractor pre-let meetings as necessary.
- Client Meetings - arrange and attend client meetings during project delivery. Ensure key internal and external representatives are in attendance as required.
- Ensure changes and revisions to scope/design are managed with the design team.
- Produce, update and maintain the project programme of works, using IT or other systems to keep track of people and progress and report to Operations Manager on a regular basis.
- Report to the client or senior stakeholders on progress and raise variations or extras as required.
- Manage the companies position in relation to contracts, ensuring required process and systems are followed in line with signed contract such as JCT or NEC.
- Represent CambridgeHOK on site with the client and maintain company interests and key values at all times.
- Post Project Evaluation of Key Lessons Learnt & Reviewing the Overall Financial Implications and sharing lessons or best practice with other organisations or project managers.
- Comply with the requirements of the Company Quality Management System and enforce where required.
- Any other reasonable tasks from the Project Manager as required.
Back to Current Vacancies