Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Site Operative is a part of the Operations Team at Cambridge HOK. Taking direction on daily tasks from Project Managers and Site Managers, the Site Operative is responsible for carrying out day to activities on site, installing steel portal frames, irrigation pipework systems, glazing and mechanical assemblies and systems etc. The Site Operative is responsible for completing all onsite tasks as directed working towards the delivery programme. Site Operatives are responsible for health and safety at all times, operating within the Health and Safety rules for site and specific tasks.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To attend project sites as directed.
- To erect steel frames and assorted cladding in accordance with designs provided and instructions given.
- Install mechanical works including glazing systems, irrigation systems, heating pipework and other mechanical assemblies and systems as required.
- Working to design drawings and scope of works, raising any issues or problems with designs as required.
- To receive and check quantity and quality of materials from factory and suppliers and forward copies of deliveries to either CambridgeHOK on-site Site Managers or CambridgeHOK head office.
- To ensure Risk Assessments and Method Statements are prepared, read, understood and adhered to.
- Follow appropriate health and safety instructions and best practice, as instructed by the Site Manager
- To represent the company appropriately at all times.
- Keep the relevant project manager or site manager informed of any issues or problems arising on site and resolve technical issues as they arise.
- Transport any materials as required using the company’s vans in a safe and legal manner in line with company policies and complete daily van checks and record results.
- Collect missing or replacement materials directly from wholesalers or suppliers as necessary.
- Complete all timesheets and paperwork as required.
- Tidy each project site on a daily basis, as work progresses, and leave each site tidy on completion.
- Collect and return to CambridgeHOK all materials and tools on site at the end of the project.
- Follow maintenance procedures for hired in plant whilst on hire.
- Ensure hired in plant is off hired as soon as practicable.
- Any other reasonable tasks as required.
Back to Current Vacancies
Location: Newport, Brough
Reporting To: Operations Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant qualifications for site safety – SSSTS and supervisor CSCS card holder.
- Experience working on sites.
- Knowledge and understanding of civils, structural and mechanical & electrical engineering (not all essential).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, a strong collaborator with team working skills
- Full driving license.