Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Engineering Director, the (CAD) Design Engineer is responsible for the timely production of design details in 2D and 3D. Project design details will typically cover a variety of disciplines including civil, structural, fabrication and mechanical services (HVAC and irrigation), and electrical containment.
Drawing formats will include those appropriate for planning submissions (typically 2D), fabrication parts and assemblies (typically 2D and 3D), as well as layout and coordination drawings (in 2D and increasingly in 3D).
The role includes producing design details for internal and external designers, ensuring quality, consistency and coordination between technical disciplines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Production of planning drawing packs for new commercial projects
- Production of fabrication drawings for manufactured components and assemblies
- Development of concept designs through to fully detailed installation layouts with the support of internal and external design teams
- Ensure installation designs are spatially coordinated across different engineering disciplines
- Ensure revision control and documentation processes are adhered to
- Assist in managing the issue of project documentation internally and to external organisations
- Take part in internal and external design reviews
- Attend project meetings internally, on site and with clients as required.
- Assist in the resolution of problems and issues on site as they occur.
- Assist in producing final project documentation (e.g. Operation & Maintenance manual, warranties, certificates, “as built” drawings, etc)
- With other team members, develop and document standard details and approaches to recurring design challenges.
- Any other reasonable tasks as required.
Back to Current Vacancies
Location: Gilberdyke, East Yorkshire + work from home 2 days a week
Reporting To: Design Services Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous CAD design experience in a construction-related field
- Experienced in AutoCAD 2D essential
- Experienced in Autodesk Inventor and/or Revit is highly desirable
- Minimum of HNC (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, a strong collaborator with team working skills