Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Electrical and Controls Manger, the Junior Electrical Engineer will be a part of the electrical team at CambridgeHOK. Taking guidance and instruction from the Senior Electrical Design Engineers the role requires you to assist the electrical design engineering activities, providing support for concept to detailed design engineering. The role is to allow an engineer to develop their skills and experience working in the design environment and to apply knowledge gained during concurrent studies in a relevant subject such as electrical engineering. This role requires the engineer to take keen interest on all electrical engineering showing enthusiasm for gain an understanding and knowledge of building electrical requirements. In addition to main design duties this role enjoys a close working relationship with live engineering projects, allow you to understand the practical application of engineered solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Help electrical engineers provide concept designs and costings and assist in tender preparation including specification writing.
- Assist work on the development of initial concept designs to full detailed design.
- Help the team produce detailed designs with all aspects of electrical design including, Low Voltage distribution, Cable management systems, Fire detection and alarms, Lighting design (including controls), Small power, Structured cabling/data point provision.
- Help Calculate voltage drops, supply sizes, protections systems etc.
- Start to gain a solid understanding of electrical requirements for building and HVAC systems.
- Develop a good understanding of controls integration and be able to liaise with the controls team to help steer control philosophy and assist creation of descriptions of operation.
- Assist with all aspects of electrical designs to agreed project budgets, understanding the need to provide designs to project budgets and costs.
- Assist in the preparation of bills of materials with detailed costs and budgets.
- Attend all project meetings internally and with clients as required.
- Assist in the resolution of problems and issues on site as they occur.
- Prepare documentation for the Operation and Maintenance manual, obtaining copies of warranties, certificates and “as fitted” drawings as necessary.
- Help support the customer post installation and answer queries.
- Attend college/university as required in line with course requirements.
- Ensure your CPD is kept up to date and relevant.
- Any other reasonable tasks as required.
Back to Current Vacancies
Reporting To: Electrical and Controls Manager
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience using software packages such as Amtech or Hevacomp etc. is an advantage.
- A practical knowledge of electrical installations would be an advantage.
- Working towards a qualification within Building Services, Electrical
- Engineering or related discipline.
- A willingness to learn and develop with drive and enthusiasm is essential.