Purpose of the role:
The skilled site operative is an integral part of the Operations Team at Cambridge HOK.
Taking direction from the Site/Project Manager and design team on occasion, the skilled site operative must be willing to undertake multiple tasks on site and will be given training and experience for working on various systems from glasshouses to energy centres and other energy efficiency works.
As outlined above, it would be preferable if the operative has previous plumbing/ heating experience given they will be working with various pipework systems involving both energy and irrigation.
They will report directly to the Operations Manager; however, functionally they will work under the PM for the project, Site Manager when on site and at times, the project designer when undertaking technical works.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Undertaking technical installations & tasks, primarily to glasshouse irrigation and heating systems.
- To attend project sites and undertake works individually and as part of a team as and when directed.
- Ensure PPE is used and worn as directed within RAMS / Permits.
- Check on hire plant prior to use, completing LOLER as necessary.
- Ensure sites / work areas are always tidy and organise clearance of rubbish at the end of works.
- Communicate any progress and technical issues to the Site / Project Manager.
- Ensure work is delivered to designs and drawings in line with the standards and information provided.
- Receive materials from suppliers on occasions, checking quantity & quality prior to carrying out the tasks.
- Maintain quality control of all technical installations in line with company Quality Management Systems.
- Liaising with Design Team, Operations Team, Client Representatives, and potentially Subcontractors on occasions.
- Any other reasonable tasks as required.
Back to Current Vacancies
Location: Newport, Brough, HU15 2RH
Reporting To: Project / Operations Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
- Relevant qualifications for site safety – CSCS card holder, PASMA, IPAF MEWP operation.
- Telehandler operation would be beneficial – CPCS training.
- Experience undertaking various plumbing / heating engineering tasks on site.
- Knowledge and understanding of heating & plumbing engineering.
- Knowledge and experience of pipework installations and irrigation systems.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, a strong collaborator with team working skills.
- Full UK Driving license (Clean).