Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Site Manager is a part of the Operations Team at Cambridge HOK. Taking direction from the Project Manager for the project, the Site Manager is responsible for day-to-day supervision of projects, from glasshouses to energy centres and other energy efficiency works. The Site Manager is responsible for supervising all project resources to ensure all operatives on site have clear direction, are operating safely and working towards the delivery programme. Site Health and Safety is a priority for the Site Manager. You will report directly to the Operations Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To attend project sites as directed.
- Supervise and oversee the direction of the project ensuring that the client specifications and requirements are met, reviewing progress & liaising with Project Manager to monitor costs.
- Supervise and deliver all the H&S requirements on site, including inductions to all visitors, contractors and employees and checking Risk Assessments and Method Statements – ensuring these are followed and adhered to by all employees, contractors and sub-contractors.
- Manage all day to day activities of CambridgeHOK staff, contractors and subcontractors on site.
- Ensure PPE is used and worn as directed and manage site spare PPE ensuring it is signed in and out of site.
- Secure the site and all plant and materials on a daily basis.
- Manage all maintenance procedures for owned and hired in plant
- Check on hire plant on hire against the hire register, off hiring plant as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Ensure sites are always tidy and organise clearance of the site at the end of the project.
- Communicate any progress and technical issues to the Project Manager.
- Monitor the programme and update/liaise with Project Manager to record and update progress and programmes of work.
- Checking designs and drawings and preparing site reports on a routine basis as required.
- Maintain a daily site diary recording site visits, workers, deliveries and issues.
- Receive materials from suppliers, checking quantity and quality and signing for the deliveries and forwarding delivery notes to CambridgeHOK head office.
- Check and record training certificates for specific plant items for each user ensuring they are in date.
- Check CSCS certificates are in date and the relevant trade is certified.
Maintain quality and quality control procedures in line with company Quality Management Systems.
- Liaising with client, their representatives, construction professionals, subcontractors and potentially members of the public.
- Any other reasonable tasks as required.
Back to Current Vacancies